Duluth Trading Company
Creative Director- Belleville, WI
Duluth Trading Company is an omni-channel retailer of ingenious, rugged workwear for men and women with a burgeoning cult following. Duluth is poised for significant growth, primarily in the web channel.
The Creative Director is a talented art director with a proven track record of working with passion-based brands that value storytelling, conceptual strength, and integrated campaigns across channels. Candidate needs to be a mentor, a visionary – embracing and engaging others in Duluth’s trajectory as a brand, and an advocate of great work.
The Creative Director, a director-level position, reports to the Vice President of Marketing & E-Commerce and is a member of the management team. The Creative Director is responsible for leading a 15-member creative team, pushing the creative product across web, catalog, print, retail, motion/product videos and other collateral. Duluth produces 30+ catalogs/year and over 400 emails. Strong partnerships with the Production Manager and Directors of Direct Marketing and E-Commerce are key to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Candidate’s conceptual and campaign development capabilities will strengthen Duluth’s “great storytelling” across channels, across all media (catalog, digital, motion, retail, photography, illustration, packaging).
2. Improve the quality of our creative product through strong executional leadership, from concept through production.
3. Modernize our design, storytelling and web development proficiency on the Web (desktop, tablet and mobile sites), partnering with the Director of E-Commerce.
4. Inspire and instill great design principles and practices across creative team, raising our internal capabilities and proficiency.
5. Champion efficiencies in process and production, partnering with product, marketing and production managers.
6. Foster a high quality creative product that conveys Duluth’s belief in craftsmanship by engaging and directing our creative partners/vendors (ad agency, printers, photographers, illustrators, film crews). Note: CD is not responsible for national advertising.
7. Create photography, illustration and product video standards that enhance customer experience and unify the men’s and women’s brands.
Knowledge and Background Requirements
• Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team of designers, writers and production
• 3+ years as a creative director or ACD, preferably client-side
• 10+ years as an art director/graphic designer
• Management of catalog design, production and printing a must
• Retail apparel creative direction is desired, though other retail omni-channel experience will be considered
• A portfolio of Great Work, including integrated campaigns/themes across catalog,
• website, retail and/or advertising. Case studies and samples required for consideration.
• Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator required to apply
• Web design (modern HTML standards) experience and motion design (video, etc.)
• integral to the position
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Track record of inspiring and leading teams and leadership through a period of great
• growth and evolution as a business
Relocation expenses will be considered.
Email your resumé and applicable work samples/portfolio to email@example.com or mail to:
Duluth Trading Company
Attn: Human Resources
170 Countryside Dr.
Belleville, WI 53508