Minnesota State University, Mankato | Adjunct Faculty—Department of Art and Design (Graphic Design)
Minnesota State University, Mankato's Department of Art and Design seeks to build a pool of qualified individuals to teach remotely, one course in intermediate interaction design—Art 406 Web Design (3 credits)—emphasis on front-end design. The instructor is responsible for course preparation, instruction, evaluation/grading of student work, communicating course development with design faculty, and maintaining regular virtual office hours. Courses will be taught online, asynchronously.
• Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design, Art, or a related discipline with an emphasis in Graphic Design/Interaction Design
• Demonstrated ability to teach effectively.
• Prior experience teaching at the collegiate level.
• Experience with online instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The Department of Art and Design offers BFA, BA, BS, and MA degrees and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. More information about the course can be found at: link.mnsu.edu/8ev. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: mankato.mnsu.edu/.
How To Apply
Email a cover letter, resume/CV, a link to a web-based portfolio of your work, an Application for Employment Form: www.mnsu.edu/hr/forms/unclassapp.pdf, copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and names of three references to:
Dr. Gina Wenger, Chair
Department of Art & Design
E-mail: [email protected]
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 6, 2021 or until filled.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: January 6, 2021 (Ends May 7, 2021)
SALARY: $1,567 per credit