Vladimir Jones | Jr Strategist
This job post has expired
Vladimir Jones has a great opportunity for a Jr Strategist on our Insight team! The role, in brief:
At VJ, the Insight team is focused on uncovering consumer motivations, behaviors and engagements to create brand connections for our clients that don’t currently exist. Beyond being the voice of the consumer in the agency process, the Insight team focuses on how our work can connect more meaningfully (with both our clients and with consumers), with a focus on personal relevance and import that extends beyond the transaction. This team is responsible for uncovering key strategic insights - from custom and secondary research and culture - to underpin advertising ideas and is part of a broader agency team to help formulate brand strategies to achieve client business goals. This position can be based in either our Denver or Colorado Springs and the salary is in the range of $45,000 - $50,000.
The Junior Strategist position supports the Insight team and will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams throughout the agency.
Your main responsibilities:
● Working with the client teams to fully understand business objectives, and help in developing the right consumer strategies.
● Support the team in analyzing and extracting findings from consumer, brand and market research to support the preparation of strategies and creative briefs (an ability to find what’s most important given the client’s goals and challenges)
● Develop sharp, insightful trend reports and POVs across a variety of industries
● Supporting and championing the creative development process, including briefing and creating enthusiasm among the creative team for the brief.
● Gathering data and preparing feedback reports on effectiveness of our work for iterative campaign development.
● Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting our accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industries.
● Work cross-functionally, but especially with the creative and account service teams to ensure deadlines and deliverables are consistently met.
● Keeping up to date on market research trends and methodologies.
● Support development of both qualitative and quantitative research studies and vendor management for these studies
● Explore research and insight tool vendors and manage a database of vendors
● Become a Meltwater expert, discovering relevant social insights regularly to support new business, creative briefs, research projects, etc.
● Support client workflow within the department and agency.
● General organizational support to keep Insight organized
Those who succeed in this role are:
● Always asking questions and looking for new insights.
● Adept in lateral, analytical and strategic thinking; able to apply creative thinking to business problems.
● Skillful in differentiating core advertising ideas from executional treatments and astute in assessing when ideas meet the brief and how they will influence behavior.
● Steadfast in guiding creative work to meet the brief and committed to nurturing work that does so.
● The ability to sift through information to ID the most important or interesting ideas
● Knowledgeable about our client’s business and market, and where and how advertising contributes to client success.
● Eagerness and ability to present your ideas and work.
● Exceptional in written and verbal communication.
● Fascinated by human behavior, social trends and cultures and how ideas influence people.
● Always be on the lookout for emerging trends and curious about ideas and new ways of looking at the world.
Ideal candidates with have:
- 2 - 3 years agency experience
- A college degree
- A sense of optimism that is only matched by your sense of curiosity about the world around you.
- A sense of urgency in getting work completed and an ability to work under tight deadlines.
- A love of the advertising industry and a desire to create exceptional work that solves business issues.
Our Agency Values: The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
• Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
• Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
• Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
• Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.
Vladimir Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Vladimir Jones is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from minorities.