By The Chicago Egotist / /
Members of the 2018 North American Grand Effie Jury were recently announced, with Carolyn Everson, vice president of global marketing solutions, Facebook and Nick Law, chief creative officer of Publicis Group and president, Publicis Communications serving as co-chairs. The 2018 Grand Effie Jury will select the North American Effie’s “best in show,” hours before the May 31 gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York. Since 1968, the Effie Awards have honored marketing effectiveness and are presented by Effie Worldwide.
During the judging session, hosted by Oath, c-suite marketers will review and debate case studies of top scoring Gold Effie winners, which went through two rounds of judging to earn the distinction of Grand Effie contenders.
“Grand Effie contenders are truly the best of the best in our competition and judged with the rigor that Effie is known for,” said Traci Alford, president and CEO of Effie Worldwide. “On May 31, our jury room will be filled with marketers who value marketing effectiveness and how it impacts business growth, and I look forward to the discussion and debate as they determine this year’s winner.”
Members of the 2018 North American Grand Effie Jury include:
- Jonny Bauer, Global Chief Strategy Officer, Droga5
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Solutions, Facebook (Jury Co-Chair)
- Alicia Hatch, Chief Marketing Officer, Deloitte
- Gail Heimann, President, Weber Shandwick
- Casey Hurbis, Chief Marketing Officer, Quicken Loans
- Nick Law, Chief Creative Officer of Publicis Group and President, Publicis Communications (Jury Co-Chair)
- Sharon Rothstein, Former Chief Marketing Officer, Starbucks
- Leslie Sims, Chief Creative Officer, North America Y&R
- Keith Weed, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Unilever
- Mary Beth West, Chief Growth Officer, The Hershey Company
- Karina Wilsher, Partner, Global COO, Anomal
“Each juror brings incredible experience leading the most effective marketing campaigns in our industry. They also each share a perspective that finding the right balance of science and art is paramount to pushing the boundaries of marketing effectiveness,” said Daryl Lee, chair of the board of directors for Effie Worldwide and global CEO, UM. “This year’s Grand Effie will surely raise the bar for marketers around the world.”
The Grand Effie winner will receive additional points towards their North American Effie Rankings, which will be revealed at the end of the show. Their rankings will also contribute to next year’s Global Effie Index, which identifies and ranks the most effective agencies, marketers, brands, networks, and holding companies by analyzing credited finalist and winner data from Effie Award competitions around the world.
Additional information on the jurors and their thoughts on building a culture of effectiveness at their organizations can be found on the Effie Blog.